Atkins Diet Guidelines: (Atkins diet is done in 2 weeks, after that practice a well disciplined diet plan throughout life...)
- Drink eight 8-ounce glasses of water each day.
- Do not skip meals.
- Make a balanced combination of protein and fat (protein:poultry, fish, shellfish, eggs and red meat; natural fat:such as butter, mayonnaise, olive oil, safflower, sunflower and other vegetable oils) to eat.
- Do not consume carbohydrates of more than 20 grams a day.
- Do not consume nuts and seeds in first 2 weeks.
- Avoid any drink with caffeine such as coffee, tea, soft drinks.
- Get rid of constipation if you have. Increase oral fluid intake, vegetables... Consult Doctor if constipation persist...
- Take a good quantity of multivitamin (without iron) with minerals daily.
- Avoid sugar, use sweeteners (sucralose or saccharin) instead.
- Avoid nibbling habit by taking some protein enrich snacks every time when you feel for.
- Try to avoid hidden carbohydrates and fats in gravies, sauces and dressings.
- Do not use diet productswith NO labeling of "no carbohydrates."
- Avoid Chewing gum, breath mints, cough syrups and cough drops. (they contain sugar or other caloric sweeteners.)
- Avoid products labeled: sugarless, sugar-free or "no sugar added" products, those indirectly provide extra carbohydrates.
- Add vegetables and green salads as much as possible in your daily diet, they are actually low in carbohydrates.